We have an amazing opportunity for a Finance Manager – Ecommerce to join Team OB in our Support Office on a 12 month fixed term contract.
As a Finance Manger – Ecommerce at OB you will create analytics and uncover insights for the company using your own initiative to research and present the information back in an informative and engaging way. This role is an exciting mix of commercial finance, accounting, forecasting and systems giving you the ability to fully immerse yourself in the ecommerce part of the business. You will work hand in hand with our retail, property and People teams as well as have significant exposure to our directors
Our Support Office is based in Tolworth, near Chessington, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo. We are working a 50/50 split of office and home working.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
An OB Finance Manager - Ecommerce will:
- Oversee all Web and Marketplace reporting from Finance team, ensuring daily, weekly and monthly sales reporting is completed.
- Lead contact with Ecommerce, Customer Service and Finance teams
- Lead on Finance, Ecommerce and Operations projects identifying areas for improvement or savings
- Work alongside Ecommerce director on enhancing profitability reporting and understanding for Web and Marketplaces
- Build relationships with all Ecommerce relevant teams and better understand business drivers and business challenges
- Provide business partner support to Marketing Team
- Finance lead on any digital marketing spend
- Work alongside Ecommerce Strategist on projects
- Oversee and execute the timetabling, organisation, preparation and execution of the monthly management accounts process to meet bank deadlines, covering P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow, Intercompany and Consolidation
- Ensure all figures reported in the monthly management accounts are accurate
- Carry out monthly balance sheet reconciliations for balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly reporting packs. Further improve internal and external reporting to ensure it is completed as accurately and efficiently as possible, and develop business storytelling to bring life to the numbers
- Lead and develop the commercial forecasting for ecommerce channels cover sales, customer acquisition costs, postage, packaging and other key cost drivers
- Challenge key forecasting assumptions and deliver expert financial analysis of performance, forecasts, key risks, sensitivities
- Provide updated sales estimates and information for annual, half-yearly and high-level forecasts
- Oversee daily web sales and marketplaces reconciliations ensure issues are followed up daily
- Be the finance lead on all Web systems related projects that impact finance. Ensure finance is at forefront of testing and information passed through to finance systems is accurate
- Prepare monthly costs of sale for management accounts, carry out website and marketplaces accounting and review margins
- Assist with month end procedures, analysis, reporting
- Generous employee discount up to 50% off all OB products
- Free access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
- Flexible holiday – 33 days (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service
- Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
- Free membership for our Westfield Health Cash Plan or Private Medical
- Quarterly free lunch
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
- Mental Health First Aider support
- Education and support throughout Looop eLearning platform
- An opportunity to work at the highest placed retailer in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in the UK list 2022.
What we look for:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience in the management of senior level, non-finance stakeholders and be able to present financial data to both finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Competent user of accounting systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised, strong analytical and numerical skills
- Self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
Oliver Bonas is a Disability Confident Committed employer under the Disability Confident employer scheme.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity