We have an amazing opportunity for an Ecommerce Content Administrator to join Team OB in our Support Office.
As an Ecommerce Content Administrator at OB, you will support the Content Team in the coordination, production and development of Oliver Bonas' product content.
You’ll be responsible for preparing information and writing descriptions across our product ranges, ensuring that all content is uploaded to our websites (UK, IRE and US) accurately, without errors and in time for weekly product drops.
At peak times you may need to be flexible and adapt to changes in workload priorities in providing support to the content team across multiple areas of responsibility.
Our Support Office is based in Tolworth, near Chessington, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo. We are working a 50/50 split of office and home working.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
OB’s Ecommerce Content Administrator will:
• Re-format and add value to product data in excel to prepare and upload into our content management system
• Write clear, accurate and engaging product descriptions and features that are consistent with the OB brand voice and SEO best practices
• Write creative copy for category, landing and editorial pages, email, product packaging and in-store marketing, and work with the digital marketing team on content as required.
• Communicate across departments to source product information and photography
• Upload product images using the correct file type and level of quality, ensuring the correct ordering and tagging
• Plan weekly product upload, taking ownership of workload, prioritising and managing tasks efficiently to ensure optimum output
• Update and maintain clear and accurate records for weekly product upload, reporting to your line Manager on workload complete and outstanding when required
• Set products live across our websites, confirming all products are showing in corresponding filters and categories, and merchandising as required
• Ensure all information on the website is accurate and up-to-date, prioritising and implementing content changes and product updates as requested
• Assist in the provision of creative copy for category, landing and editorial pages, product packaging and in-store marketing, and work with the digital marketing team on content as required
• Assist in the setup of markdowns and promotions, uploading price lists and ensuring correct prices are displayed across all three websites
• Help with ad-hoc projects such as testing new website functionalities as required
• Up to 50% employee discount.
• Auto-enrolment into our pension plan.
• Access to Looop – our eLearning platform.
• Access to the Retail Trust and Care First employee assistance programmes – offering financial, emotional and vocational support to everyone at OB.
• Annual discretionary profit related pay scheme.
• An opportunity to work at the highest placed retailer in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in the UK list 2022.
What we look for:
• Excellent written English, copywriting and proofreading skills
• Focused and meticulous, high level of accuracy and eye for detail
• Able to work at a fast pace to deadlines and organise a large volume of work
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word / One drive
• Computer literate and understanding of basic web technologies
• Commercial, analytical and good numerical skills
• Previous experience working in Ecommerce and using Magento CMS would be desirable
• Understanding of SEO and content optimisation would be advantageous
• Experience measuring web content using Google Analytics preferred but not essential
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity