£12.80 per hour increasing to £13.10 per hour once forklift trained
We have an amazing opportunity for a Night Shift Team Member to join Team OB in our Warehouse. This role is 35 hours per week and the shift pattern will be, Sunday to Thursday 9:00pm to 5:00am. This Role Is a Fixed Term Contract and will Run until December 31st 2022.
As a Night Shift Team Member at OB you will be responsible for moving and putting away stock from the day shift. You will use a fork lift truck to put away heavy goods as well as moving stock around using a handheld scanner. Reporting to the Night Shift Team Leader, you will work in collaboration to put stock away that has been prepared by the Goods In team as well as replenish warehouse bin locations.
Our Support Office is based in Tolworth, near Chessington, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
· Put stock away in the appropriate locations by hand or with a fork lift truck
· Ensure that stock put away processes are strictly followed
· Using a FIFO system for the baying of any perishable items
· Re-check the system after baying stock to ensure that items have been correctly moved on our WMS
· Run reports and top up pick bins to ensure we have adequate stock available to fulfil the following days pick
· Identify large bin locations that are holding low quantities and then transferring them to smaller bin locations to optimise space in the warehouse
· Check off and book in deliveries that the day staff were unable to complete
· Make sure that the booking in process is carried out correctly and that all relevant departments are informed in the event of a QC issue or discrepancy
· Develop your own self awareness and understanding of equality, diversity and inclusivity
· Ensure that the warehouse is left clean and tidy and presentable for the day shift
· While the role will be based around a Monday to Friday shift, you may be required to work weekends to suit the needs of the business
· Access to Looop – our eLearning platform.
· Access to the Care First employee assistance programmes – offering financial, emotional and vocational support to everyone at OB.
· An opportunity to work at the highest placed retailer in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in the UK list 2022.
What we look for:
· Hold an up to date license of a counter balance and flexi style fork lift truck
· Comfortable working with Windows and Android handheld scanners and in-house warehouse systems
· Must have a good eye for details
· Good verbal communication
· Ability to work under pressure
· Focus on diligence and accuracy
· Team player
· Ability to perform the same task on a daily basis while striving to maintain a high standard at all times
· Must by physically fit as this role involves lots of walking and manual handing
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
We also expect everyone at OB to value and look out for each other by always being considerate and mindful in everything they do.
To read more about our commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity