We have an amazing opportunity for an Assistant Garment Technologist to join Team OB in our Support Office on a 9 – 12 month maternity cover contract.
As an Assistant Garment Technologist at OB you will you will provide support to ensure the smooth running of the department, enabling the tech team to help suppliers successfully deliver the product on time and to the required Oliver Bonas standard. You will work closely with our Designers, Buyers, Quality control, warehouse, and Suppliers.
You will provide your manager with a regular update on your progress, ensuring that the Technologist team successfully deliver the product on time and to the required Oliver Bonas standard.
Our Support Office is based in Tolworth, near Chessington, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo. We are working a 50/50 split of office and home working.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
An OB Assistant Garment Technologist will:
- Manage the sealing process from 1st fit through shipment approval of Jersey garments.
- Attend Jersey fit sessions and give clear construction details comments to supply base with the buyers.
- Check Design Tech packs prior to sending to suppliers.
- Approve and comment on Test Reports
- Liaise with Design and Buying teams and suppliers to offer technical guidance.
- Understand Sustainable and Update certifications.
- Liaise with Technologists across the business to ensure standards are consistent.
- Initiate and action wearer trials when needed.
- Contribute to product improvements through technical research.
- Produce seasonal SWOT for your area - Jersey.
- Attend, help out and present in fit review.
- Monitor Testing failures, analyse and produce seasonal reporting.
- Compile seasonal seal rate for all product areas.
- Confidently and effectively manage the work load, regularly updating the tech team
- Create, standardise, and maintain technical packs for factories as appropriate.
- Monthly meeting with QC team and update tech team.
- Keep suppliers up to date with our technical standards and procedures.
- Keep up to date records of all test reports and communicate any issues to your team and suppliers.
- Generous employee discount up to 50% off all OB products
- Free access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
- Flexible holiday – 30 (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service
- Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
- Free membership for our Westfield Health Cash Plan or Private Medical
- Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
- Free access to our onsite gym
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Quarterly free lunch
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
- Mental Health First Aider support
- Education and support throughout Looop eLearning platform
- An opportunity to work at the highest placed retailer in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in the UK list 2022.
What we look for:
- Able to conduct fit session with support from Tech Team
- Knowledge of garment construction, grading and manufacturing methods and basic patter cutting
- A team playing who has the willingness and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Jersey wear and soft woven experience and knowledge preferred.
- Relevant qualifications or experience
- Good planning, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Previous experience working with overseas factories.
- An enthusiasm to learn with a can do approach.
- Competent knowledge of Excel, word, and Outlook
- Proactive and Adaptable to change.
- An ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
Oliver Bonas is a Disability Confident Committed employer under the Disability Confident employer scheme.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity