As a Personal Assistant to our Founder Olly, you will provide both private and business support, managing both his personal and work diary, providing essential admin, organising travel and overall general help to Olly and his family life. You will be his right hand and a natural extension to him in his day-to-day role.
You will need to be comfortable operating in unstructured environment and use your initiative and look to develop the role over time. You will also support the wider Leadership team with ad hoc support and be a trusted and discreet member of the OB team.
You will have previous PA support experience dedicated to a busy Founder/MD in a fast-paced environment, as well as a track record of managing ever-changing schedules and conflicting priorities.
Our Support Office is based in Tolworth, near Chessington, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo. Olly is normally in the office 4 days a week so the role would require someone to be flexible with days in the office, ideally 4 days a week.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
- Provide support with personal errands and diary management for both personal and work diaries – this could include private errands and support with the family
- Organise 121 meetings with Olly’s lines
- Prioritise enquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts and making judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements
- Manage email and respond where appropriate
- Provide complete support and assistance with both work and personal appointments
- Screen phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handle them when appropriate
- Assist with projects and coordinate communication with relevant teams
- Prepare documents/reports and ensure Founder is fully briefed on all visitors and ensuring that any other individuals required at meetings are available
- Support with presentations for both Founder and Leadership team
- Organise events for the Founder where required
- Organise incoming and outgoing post
- Organise work events where appropriate
- Assist the Founder with various projects both for business and personal matters
- Assist in management of meetings, meeting preparation, agendas, logistics and distributing minutes and agendas and note taking as and when required
- Deal with confidential matters with a very high level of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality
- Organise trip itineraries, including taxi and restaurant bookings including the store tours
- Meeting minutes in property meetings
- Maintain lease database and highlight any leases coming up for expiration and include on meeting agenda
- Maintain property folder and keep information up to date
- Process expenses
- Generous employee discount up to 50% off all OB products
- Free access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
- Flexible holiday – 33 days (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service
- Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
- Free membership for our Westfield Health Cash Plan or Private Medical
- Quarterly free lunch
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
- An opportunity to work at the highest placed retailer in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in the UK list 2022.
What we look for:
- Exceptionally organised and a natural multi-tasker - expert at diary management
- Advanced IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft packages including Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Incredibly discreet and professional
- Confident communication skills with the ability to operate under pressure and deliver to timescales
- Ability to identify problems and take own initiative in finding solutions
- Experience of working as a PA ideally in a Founder led business
- Positive, vibrant and ready to take on anything
- Ambitious, resourceful and looking for opportunities to learn more
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with a broad range of managers and employees
- Ability to work on own initiative without daily supervision
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
Oliver Bonas is a Disability Confident Committed employer under the Disability Confident employer scheme.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity