We have an amazing opportunity for a Shipping & Logistics Co-ordinator to join Team OB in our Support Office.
As a Shipping & Logistics Co-ordinator at OB you will you ensure the smooth running of all freight from supplier to our distribution centre and make the product supply journey as seamless as possible.
This is a hands-on role and will require you to work between various departments, third parties and suppliers.
Our Support Office is based in Tolworth, near Chessington, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo. We are working a 50/50 split of office and home working.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
An OB Shipping & Logistics Co-ordinator will:
- Investigate and plan the most appropriate route for shipment, taking into account cost, transit time and security
- Obtain, check and prepare documentation to ensure customs and insurance requirements
- Classify and adhere to all product code classification to ensure correct codes are applied duty paid
- Arrange customs clearance for inbound shipments via Sea, Air, Road and Courier services
- Updating shipping tracker both computerised and manually to include current purchase orders, ready dates, departure & arrival dates
- Work with freight forwarding companies, shipping lines and haulage companies to achieve an efficient and effective service
- Work with our Finance team to ensure payment of freight and other charges or collection of payments are made on time
- Work with the Head of Warehouse & Logistics and the Goods In Team Leader to organise most effective delivery times of products for storage into the Warehouse
- Provide an accurate delivery schedule for the business to co-ordinate across departments
- Authorise freight, duty and VAT invoices
- Check Import Entries for irregularities and amend accordingly
- Control inbound and outbound courier shipment, to ensure we are compliant with HMRC and Oliver Bonas’ requirements
- Complete shipping quotes for the company on an ad-hoc basis
- Produce monthly reports to evaluate the costs of transportation, duty and VAT spend, highlighting and efficiencies and cost savings
- KPI reports to ensure Freight Forwarders are performing to agreed standards
- Maintain current knowledge of political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
- Work closely with freight forwarders to ensure a productive and solid working relationship.
- Work with the Quality Controller to assist with supplier returns
- Ensure regular ongoing communication with the Buying, Merchandising and Warehouse teams to keep everyone in the loop with the timings of deliveries into the Warehouse
- Generous employee discount up to 50% off all OB products
- Free access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
- Flexible holiday – 30 (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service
- Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
- Free membership for our Westfield Health Cash Plan or Private Medical
- Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
- Free access to our onsite gym
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Quarterly free lunch
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
- Mental Health First Aider support
- Education and support throughout Looop eLearning platform
- An opportunity to work at the highest placed retailer in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in the UK list 2022.
What we look for:
- Previous international shipping experience
- Excel – intermediate – pivot tables, Vlookups, math functions, short cuts)
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous administration experience is essential
- Strong excel skills with the ability to run reports and manage multiple spreadsheets
- Strong organisational skills with previous experience of working to deadlines
- Microsoft Office Skills inc Excel & Word
- Uses Microsoft Calendar to manage time and meetings effectively
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
Oliver Bonas is a Disability Confident Committed employer under the Disability Confident employer scheme.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity