Competitive plus benefits
We have an amazing opportunity for a Warehouse Team Leader for our Night Shift to join Team OB in our Warehouse. This role is 35 hours, while the role will be based around a Monday to Friday 9:00pm- 5:00am shift, you may be required to work weekends to suit the needs of the business
As a Warehouse Team Leader at OB you will be responsible for leading upwards of three Warehouse Team Members during the night shift. You will liaise with the Warehouse and Logistics Manager and other departmental Team Leaders at the start of your shift to discuss and plan the workload each evening. You will be responsible for putting stock away that has been prepared by the Goods In team, as well as replenishing the bin locations. You will delegate tasks to your team, making sure they are carried out to high standards and on time. You will be the key holder on shift and will be responsible for closing up the building at the end of the day.
Our Support Office is based in Tolworth, near Chessington, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
· Liaise with the Goods In Team Leader to discuss the stock put away requirements for each evening
· Use a FIFO system for the baying of any perishable items
· Run the bin replenishment report each evening and topping up pick bins to ensure we have adequate stock available to fulfil the following days pick
· Carry out random checks to make sure that bin replenishments are being carried out correctly Identify large bin locations that are holding low quantities and then transferring them to smaller bin locations to optimise space in the warehouse
· Make sure that the booking in process is carried out correctly and that all relevant departments are informed in the event of a QC issue or discrepancy
· Ensure that incident and accident forms are completed when necessary and sent to the Health and Safety team
· Address and resolve performance, attendance and punctuality issues within your team accordingly
· Plan staff rosters and authorising holiday leave while ensuring the team can manage expected forecast volumes
· Positively create an inclusive environment for your team to thrive
· Ensure that the Night Shift team leave the warehouse tidy and presentable for the day shift
· Lock the gates and building at the end of each shift
· Up to 50% employee discount.
· Auto-enrolment into our pension plan.
· Access to Looop – our eLearning platform.
· Care First employee assistance programmes – offering financial, emotional and vocational support to everyone at OB.
· Annual discretionary profit related pay scheme.
· An opportunity to work at the highest placed retailer in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in the UK list 2022.
What we look for:
· You will hold an up to date license of a counter balance and flexi style fork lift truck
· Comfortable learning and using different (WMS)
· You will be calm under pressure
· You will be comfortable and confident presenting statistical data
· Strong organisational skills
· You will be able to motivate and lead a team
· You will be familiar with handheld terminals including windows CE and Android devices
· The role will require the use of Microsoft Office, in particular, MS Word, Excel and Outlook