We have an amazing opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join Team OB in our Support Office.
As a Finance Business Partner at OB, you will proactively partner with departments across Oliver Bonas, providing sound financial insight, but also challenging and influencing key business decision-making. Key responsibilities will include providing financial analysis, controlling costs, forecasting and reporting with a particular focus on supply chain, warehouse, merchandising, logistics and buying with additional touch points in IT, people and data.
This role is an exciting mix of commercial finance, accounting, forecasting and systems giving you the ability to fully immerse yourself in the heart of the business.
Our Support Office is based in Tolworth, near Chessington, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo. We are working a 50/50 split of office and home working, and are open to having conversations about working flexibly.
This role will be closing on Friday 29th September, please submit your application before then.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
OB’s Finance Business Partner will:
• Manage the company's cost structure, with a particular focus on stock, shipping, warehousing, distribution and central department costs.
• Review and analyse financial data to identify trends, variances and opportunities for cost savings
• Conduct analysis and present findings to senior management, providing insights and recommendations for business improvements
• Collaborate with key team members around the business to provide financial guidance and support decision-making processes
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• Regularly review P&Ls alongside management accounting and commercial team to identify potential cost savings or efficiencies, initiate and lead on projects to deliver those savings and efficiencies
• Monitor company strategic objectives on an ongoing basis and report on key results
• Input into the preparation of monthly reporting packs, preparing relevant figures and commentary. Work with the Finance team to develop reporting and business storytelling to bring the numbers to life
• Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance function
• Generous employee discount up to 50% off all OB products
• Free access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
• Flexible holiday –33 days (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service
• Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
• Free membership for our Westfield Health Cash Plan or Private Medical
• Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
• Free access to our onsite gym
• Cycle to work scheme
• Refer a Friend incentive
• Quarterly free lunch
• Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
• Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
• Mental Health First Aider support
• Education and support throughout Looop eLearning platform
• An opportunity to work at the highest placed retailer in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in the UK list 2022.
What we look for:
• Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
• Highly organised with strong analytical and numerical skills
• Inquisitive and able to use strong attention to detail and demonstrate broader business understanding.
• Experience in the management of senior level, non-finance stakeholders and be able to present financial data to both finance and non-finance stakeholders.
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
• Strong user of finance systems and business systems with a keen interest in maximising their potential
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
Oliver Bonas is a Disability Confident Committed employer under the Disability Confident employer scheme.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity