We have an amazing opportunity to join Team OB as a Team Member.
OB Team Members are approachable, resourceful and love working with people. They enjoy giving our customers a fantastic experience and work together to keep the store running smoothly and efficiently.
This will be a flexible contract, meaning you will have a fixed number of hours you will work per week across a variety of days and shifts. Your rota will be communicated to you in advance by your line manager.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
OB Team Members will:
- Provide a great experience to every customer.
- Maintain excellent product knowledge.
- Have strong, consistent communication with the team.
- Participate in all training opportunities provided and contribute positively to team sessions.
- Embrace ownership of tasks, setting a good example for the rest of the team.
- Adhere to all operational practices and procedures, i.e. stock deliveries, health and safety standards, stock takes and replenishment.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping standards throughout the store, including external and back of house/stockroom areas.
- Support other stores where needed.
- Have an awareness of the store’s sales targets and its current performance versus like-for-like/target/company figures.
- Be aware of store and company product best-sellers to support sales growth.
- Generous employee discount up to 60% off all OB products
- Free access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
- Flexible holiday – 30 days (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service
- Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
- Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
- Mental Health First Aider support
- Education and support throughout Looop eLearning platform
- Free refreshments and treats in store
- An opportunity to work at the highest placed retailer in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in the UK list 2022
What we look for:
- Great people skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Organisation skills and multi-tasking ability.
- Positivity, vibrancy and ready to take on anything.
- Someone who’s kind, helpful and considerate towards customers and team members alike.
- Resourcefulness and someone who’s looking for opportunities to learn more.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion at OB:
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
We also expect everyone at OB to value and look out for each other by always being considerate and mindful in everything they do..
To read more about our commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity