Competitive plus benefits
We have an amazing opportunity for an Area Visual Merchandiser to join Team OB. This role will support 14 of our stores in the Southwest of England and Wales including Cardiff. Stamford, Norwich and Birmingham.
As an Area Visual Merchandiser at OB, you will be responsible for creating, supporting, and advising the shops on your area on all aspects of Visual Merchandising. This will involve implementing, driving and developing VM standards.
With a cool head and a warm heart, you will identify and highlight commercial and VM opportunities in the shops, coaching the teams on how to deliver excellent OB visual standards and maximise sales.
You’ll have a flair for design and a great understanding of VM in retail, understanding customer shopping habits and how to create a joyful customer experience. As well as regularly visit existing stores on your area you will also support with new store set ups
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
An OB Area Visual Merchandiser will:
· Follow and implement the strategic plans of the VM team, maximising visual impact and identifying creative solutions to issues
· Create eye catching on trend displays that enhance the customer journey and impact sales positively
· Ensure all VM guidelines are adhered to in the shops and direct teams to learning materials that support these
· Coach and guide shop teams through floorplans, fixtures and most commercial adjacencies ensuring the shop floor space is used to its full capacity
· Identify commercial and creative opportunities within the shops and communicate clearly and effectively with AVMM and SVMM
· Collaborate with AVMs, Area Managers, Store Managers and teams to ensure the store’s aesthetic and visual appearance meets OB visual standards
· Identify and monitor current retail trends and competitor activity, reporting and reacting as needed
· Manage day to day priorities and deadlines through effective diary management
· Understand how all VM equipment is used in the shops, amounts allocated to shops and responsible for educating shop teams on equipment
What we look for:
· Self-motivated and practical
· Effective communicator, in line with our values
· Confident in delivering and receiving positive and challenging feedback
· Effective time planning
· Strong commercial skills
· Problem solving abilities
· Creative flair
· Ability to handle a wide range of product groups
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
We also expect everyone at OB to value and look out for each other by always being considerate and mindful in everything they do.
To read more about our commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity