We have an amazing opportunity for a Warehouse Team Member to join Team OB in our Warehouse in Andover.
This role will be 35 hours a week, with a couple of shift patterns available:
- Sunday to Wednesday 10:30am-8:45pm
- Tuesday to Friday 10:30am-8:45pm
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10.30am-8:45pm
Our Warehouse is based at Unit 2, 40 Stephenson Close, East Portway Industrial Estate, Andover, SP10 3RU.
As a Warehouse Team Member at OB you will be responsible for both inbound and outbound tasks. You will accurately receive stock into the warehouse and ensuring that the Warehouse Management System (WMS) reflects the stock received. Picking and packing stock for website orders and store picks to be delivered to our stores and customers, as well as transporting stock between our Andover & Chessington warehouses.
Using a handheld picking device, you will be responsible for counting stock daily, reporting any discrepancies of damages to your line manager. You will also ensure your picks are accurate and timely for both the stores and web fulfilment to ensure the set KPIs are achieved. All orders packed for customers and stores will be line with the OB quality standards.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
As an OB Warehouse Team Member, you will:
- Receive stock daily and ensure that the stock levels are reflective in the Warehouse as well as the warehouse management system.
- Ensure that the stock received is counted accurately and checked for damages.
- Unload containers by hand
- Use a forklift truck to unload deliveries.
- Use an android/windows scanner pick for the stores and customer orders.
- Prepare and pack the orders into appropriate bays in the warehouse ready for delivery to store.
- Wrap and package fragile items carefully to ensure they are fit for transit
- Prepare, pack, and wrap items ready for dispatch
- Pack customer orders ensuring that they are correct and in line with Oliver Bonas quality control
- Use the computer terminal to dispatch orders.
- Load the vehicle to ensure legal compliance and secure transit of stock to minimise breakages.
- Complete shuttle drives to transport stock between the Andover warehouse and OB’s Chessington warehouse
- Carry out daily vehicle inspections at the start of each shift using mobile application.
- Maintain a full knowledge of the highway code and vehicle operation procedures.
- Once deliveries are complete, remove empty crates and return all returned stock back to the warehouse.
- Report any damage to vehicles or road traffic accidents to the Team Leader as soon as possible
- Communicate problems and delays to all relevant departments effectively.
- Keep up to date with all Oliver Bonas news and updates.
- Always keep a safe and clean working environment
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations within the Warehouse.
- Generous employee discount up to 50% off all OB products
- Free access to our 24-hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
- Flexible holiday – 30 or 33 days (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service.
- Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
- Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
- Free access to our onsite gym
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Refer a Friend incentive.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
- Mental Health First Aider support
- Education and support throughout Looop eLearning platform
What we look for:
- Must be conscientious with a good eye for detail.
- Comfortable working with Windows and Android handheld scanners and in-house warehouse systems
- Able to work at fast pace with accuracy.
- A valid driver’s license with no more than 6 point essential, a clean driver’s license with no points preferred.
- Flexi and counterbalance forklift license
- Good verbal communication with the ability to work under pressure.
- Happy to work flexibly across different areas.
- Team player, kind and helpful towards others
- Ability to perform the same task daily while striving to always maintain a high standard.
- Physical fitness as this role involves lots of walking and lifting.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
Oliver Bonas is a Disability Confident Committed employer under the Disability Confident employer scheme.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity