We have an amazing opportunity for a Assistant Facilities Manager to join Team OB in our Support Office.
As a Assistant Facilities Manager at OB you will be responsible for the smooth operation day to day of the Facilities department, supporting the continuous development and delivery of the strategy.
Reporting to the Facilities and Property Manager, you will work in collaboration on a variety of Facilities, Property, and support on Health & Safety projects.
Our Support Office is based in Tolworth, near Chessington, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo. We are working a 50/50 split of office and home working.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
An OB Assistant Facilities Manager will:
- Responsible for carrying out of tender, mobilisation, and management of contractors for both hard and soft services, setting KPI’s and SLA’s and monitoring their performance against set criteria.
- Evaluate contractor performance, carrying out regular service level agreement meetings.
- Main point of contact for the New Store team, for approved client supplied contractors feeding back observations to the Head of Facilities
- Collate and maintain the contract management system (CMS) and control of contractor’s process
- Working with utilities suppliers on consolidating and managing utilities systems.
- Support the Facilities, Health & Safety, and business strategy through effective collaboration with all areas of the business
- Be the escalation point and provide support for enquiries and problems for both stores and SO
- Conduct regular store visits to carry out H&S and Facilities audits, and issue training where necessary
- Support the business on technical management where required, with the support of the Property and Facilities Manager
- Work with OB insurers, professional services, and legal representatives where appropriate
- Support where needed with New Store mobilisation and process improvement
- Take ownership of projects relating to the maintenance of the SO building
- Carry out tender process for project and major works
- Support in the control of the facilities budget and provide regular updates
- Organise and implement office moves and departmental changes with the support of internal teams, including Facilities, IT and Health & Safety
- Monitor and review the outstanding jobs reports, compliance reporting system, and CMS to identify areas of improvement
- Conduct a full analysis of the Facilities team processes and procedures and advise on best practice to improve systems where appropriate
- Work in collaboration with the Health and Safety team to improve processes and procedures across the business to reduce risk and to achieve best practice
- Generous employee discount up to 50% off all OB products
- Free access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
- Flexible holiday – 30 (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service
- Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
- Free membership for our Westfield Health Cash Plan or Private Medical
- Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
- Free access to our onsite gym
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Quarterly free lunch
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
- Mental Health First Aider support
- Education and support throughout Looop eLearning platform
- An opportunity to work at the highest placed retailer in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in the UK list 2022.
What we look for:
- Strong technical Facilities knowledge and experience
- Relevant Facilities qualification
- MIWFM Membership
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent qualification
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience working to strategic goals and objectives
- Great communicator at all levels
- Approachable and adaptable to change
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- PC literate with a knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity