We have an amazing opportunity for an Assistant Team Leader to join Team OB in our Warehouse in Andover.
The Shift Pattern for this role is Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Friday. Shift times are 10.30am-8.45pm.
Our Warehouse is based at Unit 2, 40 Stephenson Close, East Portway Industrial Estate, Andover, SP10 3RU.
As an Assistant Team Leader at OB you will assist the Warehouse Manager with managing and coordinating the team as well as picking and packing stock and website orders across both the Warehouse and Web Fulfilment areas.
You will work in collaboration with your manager to motivate and inspire the Andover team to provide a smooth service for our customers. You will oversee the workload for the day receiving and managing and allocating picks, while monitoring the team’s performance to ensure that KPIs are met in the Warehouse Manager’s absence.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
As an OB Assistant Team Leader, you will:
- Ensure store picks are completed accurately and in line with expected targets
- Liaise with the Logistics Team Leader to arrange collection for store furniture pick
- Prepare customer orders on to pallets and liaise with the courier for shipment
- Use business admin systems (Magento, Metapack & PV) to ensure that customer orders are managed within the agreed SLAs
- Perform physical stock and system movements
- Produce and analyse stock reports from WMS (PVX, Futura)
- Liaise with the Goods In and Finance teams to assist and lead stock investigations
- Ensure accurate and timely receipt of goods into the warehouse to ensure they are presented for stock put away within 24 hours
- Report delivery discrepancies to OB suppliers and the Buying team
- Use a forklift truck to unload deliveries.
- Attend weekly Team Leader meetings on behalf of your Team Leader, when needed
- Assist with the onboarding of new team members.
- Where appropriate, and with guidance from your Team Leader, conduct return to work meetings with team members coming back to work after a period of absence
- Support your Team Leader with your team’s personal development, by giving them regular feedback on their performance.
- Identify any performance-related issues and feed this back to your Team Leader
- Grow your understanding of how to address any performance concerns, including attendance and timekeeping issues.
- Develop your leadership skills and be a great role model for your team.
- Develop and maintain clear and consistent a communication with your Team Leader
- Ensure the Warehouse is a safe environment, by following health and safety regulations and our Company Health and Safety policy
- Ensure the Company Health and Safety policy is strictly followed by your team members.
- You will need to have the flexibility to cover alternative shift patterns or working days in line with business needs or coverage needed due to holiday or absence
- Generous employee discount up to 50% off all OB products
- Free access to our 24-hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
- Flexible holiday – 30 or 33 days (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service.
- Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
- Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
- Free access to our onsite gym
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Refer a Friend incentive.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
- Mental Health First Aider support
- Education and support throughout Looop eLearning platform.
What we look for:
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to motivate others.
- Familiar with handheld terminals including Windows CE and Android devices
- The role will require the use of Microsoft Office, in particular, MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be physically fit as the role involves regular lifting
- Focus on diligence and accuracy
- Drivers Licence (for our insurance you need to be over 25 and have less than 6 points on your licence)
- Willing to be forklift trained.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
Oliver Bonas is a Disability Confident Committed employer under the Disability Confident employer scheme.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity