£22,000 per annum
We have an amazing opportunity for a Merchandising Administrative Assistant to join our Fashion Merchandising team in our Support Office on a 1 year Fixed Term Contract.
As a Merchandising Admin Assistant at OB, you will be responsible for maximising sales through allocating and ensuring stock levels are maintained in line with store capacity and option levels.
You will ensure that the Fashion team is provided with sales analysis and admin support as well as carrying out stock allocation and supply chain coordination.
Our Support Office is based in Tolworth, near Chessington, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo. We are working a 50/50 split of office and home working.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
An OB Merchandising Administrative Assistant will:
• Set up allocation plans accurately ensuring store minimums are correct and there is enough stock to fulfil the requirement
• Utilise system functions to manage stock levels effectively at peak – for example increasing/decreasing stock minimums and targets
• Complete weekly optimisations for the department – using the stock movement process to maximise sales and reduce risk
• Review and understand weekly trade information, offering suggestions on where to make improvements
• Provide analysis for store grading and profiles. Understanding the differences between departments and customers
• Recognise trends, identify potential, generate action plans and present proposals to Merchandiser
• Liaise with suppliers and freight forwarders to make sure correct quantities are delivered on time, ensuring booking cut-offs are not missed
• Ensure delivery dates are maintained through attending critical path/shipping meetings and following up with suppliers if there is any risk to agreed delivery dates
• Respond to store queries with a positive can-do attitude, offering solutions which benefit both the store and business
• Work in partnership with teams across SO, listening to suggestions or concerns raised by others, building effective relationships in the process
• Assist the merchandising team in the preparation of information for meetings as required
• Up to 50% employee discount.
• Auto-enrolment into our pension plan.
• Access to Looop – our eLearning platform.
• Access to the Retail Trust and Care First employee assistance programmes – offering financial, emotional and vocational support to everyone at OB.
• Annual discretionary profit related pay scheme.
• An opportunity to work at the highest placed retailer in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in the UK list 2022.
What we look for:
• Previous administrative experience is advantageous
• Willing to learn
• Previous retail experience and genuine interest in the industry
• IT Literate with Intermediate / Advanced Microsoft Office skills – Word / Excel and Powerpoint
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Uses Microsoft Calendar to manage time and meetings effectively
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity