We have an amazing opportunity for a Delivery Driver to join Team OB in our warehouse and distribution centre. You will be working 35 hours a week, with a shift pattern of Monday to Friday 3:00am-11:00am, with some flexibility during our peak periods.
As the Delivery Driver, you will be responsible for ensuring that deliveries are prepared to meet store requirements in the most efficient manner.
You will be responsible for loading store stock onto the van, ensuring that appropriate forms are completed and then delivering to the stores in an efficient and safe manner.
Reporting to the Logistics Team Leader, you will also be required to deliver furniture directly to our customers.
This role will be based in our Chessington Warehouse and Distribution Centre, located near Tolworth station, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo.
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
An OB Delivery Driver will:
- Load the vehicle each morning to ensure legal compliance and secure transit of stock to minimise breakages
- Carry out daily vehicle inspections at the start of each shift
- Maintain full knowledge of the highway code and vehicle operation procedures
- Complete all store and customer deliveries within the allocated timeframes
- Use Windows tablets to scan deliveries before loading and offloading at stores
- Once store deliveries are complete, remove empty crates and return all returned stock back to the warehouse
- Unload your vehicle and move empty crates and inter branch transfers to the correct locations
- Keep your vehicle washed and cleaned inside
- Report to the Logistics Team Leader once back from routes and work in other areas of the warehouse to support picking and goods in
- Deliver for other departments in the business for photoshoots and business events when needed
- Report any damage to vehicles or RTAs to the Logistics Team Leaders as soon as possible
- Communicate problems and delays to all relevant departments and customers effectively
- Keep up to date with all Oliver Bonas news and updates
- Liaise with Store Managers and Store Team Members on the arrival of the delivery
- Up to 50% employee discount.
- Free access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
- Flexible holiday – 30 days (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service
- Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
- Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
- Mental Health First Aider support
- Education and support throughout Looop eLearning platform
- Free refreshments and treats in store
What we look for:
- Previous multi-site delivering driving experience is essential
- Experience driving to a variety of London locations is desirable
- A clean UK driver's license
- Warehouse experience would be desirable
- Physical fitness as this role involve frequent lifting and manual handling.
- Polite and confident when dealing with stores and customers
- A strong team player
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
We also expect everyone at OB to value and look out for each other by always being considerate and mindful in everything they do.
To read more about our commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity