We have an amazing opportunity for a Seasonal Warehouse Team Member to join Team OB in our Warehouse.
This role will be 35 hours per week, and initially starting within our Goods In Team, we will require a shift pattern of Monday to Friday. (There will need to be some flexibility, around days and shift times over our peak periods. We are also looking at some flexibility around shift times normally 8:00am-4:00pm or 10:00am-6:00pm but may have some 6:45am starts in some of the other teams within the warehouse)
This role is a Fixed term contract and looking to start in early August and run through until December 31st 2023.
As a Seasonal Warehouse Team Member at OB, you will support across our Goods In, Stock Control and Picking Teams to ensure stock is received, processed and picked ready for delivery out to our stores.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
OB’s Seasonal Warehouse Team Members will:
• Receive stock daily and ensure that the stock levels up to date and correct in the Warehouse and on the warehouse management system
• Ensure that the stock received is counted accurately and checked for damages
• Unload containers by hand or use a forklift truck to unload deliveries
• Report delivery discrepancies
• Put stock away when needed
• Carry out stock counts and adjust the warehouse management system to reflect any variances found
• Use empty bin reports to check bin locations
• Perform physical stock and system movements
• Pick stock accurately using an Android/Windows scanner ensuring that the right products and quantities have been selected
• Wrap and package fragile items carefully to ensure they are fit for transit and will arrive at the store safely
• Prepare and pack the store picks into the appropriate bays in the warehouse, ready for the Delivery Drivers to collect and load onto the delivery vans
• Keep a safe and clean working environment at all times
• Generous employee discount off all OB products
• Free access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
• Free access to our onsite gym
• Cycle to work scheme
• Refer a Friend incentive
• Quarterly free lunch
• Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
• Mental Health First Aider support
• Education and support throughout Looop eLearning platform
• An opportunity to work at the highest placed retailer in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in the UK list 2022.
What we look for:
• A counter balance forklift and flexi truck license would be desirable
• Good eye for detail
• Adaptable and able to learn new processes
• Accuracy, even when working at a fast pace
• Good verbal communication
• Team player, kind and helpful towards others
• Physically fit and able to walk or stand for long periods of time, as well as being able to carry out some heavy lifting
• Experience of working in a warehouse environment is advantageous
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
Oliver Bonas is a Disability Confident Committed employer under the Disability Confident employer scheme.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity