We have an amazing opportunity for a Assistant Buyer to join Team OB in our Accessories team working on socks and belts, on a 9-12 month maternity cover contract.
As an Assistant Buyer at OB, you will contribute to all aspects of the Buying cycle, from creative product development, range building and trade, to price negotiation and Buying Admin Assistant management.
You will play an integral role in delivering the Fashion strategy, working in collaboration with the wider Fashion team to ensure the range is delivered on time and as seamless as possible.
Our Support Office is based in Tolworth, near Chessington, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo. We are working a 50/50 split of office and home working.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
An OB Assistant Buyer will:
- Research and work with the Design team to develop product ranges in line with the department strategy and overall company
- Assist the Buyer with research and present new trend-led developments which extend and evolve existing collections
- Negotiate cost prices, delivery terms, packaging, and level of business with suppliers
- Oversee the BAA to ensure orders are accurately recorded on the system and the PO is with the supplier in a timely manner
- Take responsibility for the critical path ensuring product is brought into the business on time, reporting any issues to Senior Buyer when necessary
- Support with supplier visits externally and in house
- Approve all lab dips, bulk fabrics, trims, prints and positioning, liaising with the Senior Buyer when needed
- Work on range boards and assist with developing the pricing architecture
- Develop the OB brand to maximise exclusivity
- Assist the Buyer with range planning in line with the department budgets and strategy
- Ensure all development samples are available when required by deadlines
- Coordinate and oversee the departments administration
- Maintain regular communication with relevant departments including PR and Marketing, Warehouse, QC, Shipping, Design and Merchandising
- Manage the Buying Admin Assistant to ensure product is handed over clearly and precisely to achieve the critical path
- Liaise with the Merchandising team to ensure correct size ratios are ordered
- Organise and attend sign off meetings with Merchandising, Senior Managers and Directors
- Attend weekly department trade meetings, analysing trading information, identifying best and worst sellers and presenting current product and data
- Attend relevant fit sessions and work with the Garment Technologists to get the correct styling and fit commenting through to production samples
- Liaise with and provide detailed information for the Web Content team to ensure website photography is completed on time and samples are available for photoshoots and press days
- Generous employee discount up to 50% off all OB products
- Free access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
- Flexible holiday – 33 days (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service
- Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
- Free membership for our Westfield Health Cash Plan or Private Medical
- Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
- Free access to our onsite gym
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Quarterly free lunch
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
- Mental Health First Aider support
- An opportunity to work at the highest placed retailer in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in the UK list 2022.
What we look for:
- Previous experience at Assistant Buyer level
- Non fashion experience preferred
- Strong product development experience
- Effective communicator with strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to structure and develop reports
- Experience of managing and mentoring junior team members
- Good attention to detail
- Approachable and adaptable to change and able to reprioritise tasks
- A good understanding of the OB brand and customer
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- PC literate with a knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity