We are looking for a Re-toucher to join our Art Design team and in our in our Support Office.
As a Re-toucher at OB, you will be responsible for applying your high quality retouching skills across a range of product gallery images that meet the OB brand.
Reporting to the Ecommerce Photographer and working closely with the Ecommerce Content team you will provide image re-touching and cut-outs for Ecommerce product and campaign imagery for our OB website and social media channels. You will look to constantly drive up standards to ensure best in class images for both desktop and mobile.
Our Support Office is based in Tolworth, near Chessington, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
An OB Re-toucher will:
- Follow and update our weekly booking forms for product information such as SKU's & added notes
- Accurately follow retouching guidelines and/or notes provided by our Photographers, BAA's or Buyers
- Edit, retouch and resize imagery in line with the OB guidelines
- Ensure colour & scale between image and physical product is consistent
- Produce image cut outs of product shots
- Remove imperfections and unwanted details in images
- Follow OB specifications to ensure all images are sized correctly and of high quality
- Name, file and archive images consistently on our digital servers
- Meet weekly targets/agreed volumes
- Perform additional retouching on previous booking forms according to feedback from buying / content teams
- Create contact sheets of edited images and liaise with buying teams to confirm product uploads
- Communicate with photographers and content team to ensure all product images have been shot and uploaded to the website
- Continually check the live website for any photographic, retouching or styling errors to maintain high standards of image quality
- Manage the PR cut outs
- Provide all Ecommerce images to include sku file name
- Upload re-shot images to the website CMS which is Magento, training on this system will be provided
- Generous employee discount up to 50% off all OB products
- Free access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
- Flexible holiday – 30 days (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service
- Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
- Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
- Free access to our onsite gym
- Quarterly free lunch
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
- Mental Health First Aider support
- Education and support throughout Looop eLearning platform
What we look for:
- Strong proficiency in Mac OS
- Experience of Adobe suite, Capture ONE & Wacom
- Able to create and use Photoshop action sets, scripts and batch processing
- A meticulous eye for detail, composition, and proportion
- Knowledge of web imagery and processes, appropriate dpi scale, pixel dimensions
- Retouching and cut out experience with models, products and flats lays
- A positive, proactive and assertive approach, being able to liaise with other departments
- Strong communication skills, organisation and time management skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of colour correction techniques such as skin / hair retouching experience
- Previous experience in working in e-comm fast paced retail environment necessary
- Photography related studies or work experience
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
Oliver Bonas is a Disability Confident Committed employer under the Disability Confident employer scheme.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity