We have an amazing opportunity for a Finance Manager to join Team OB in our Support Office on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
As a Finance Manager at OB, you will immerse yourself in the business, working across accounting, forecasting, systems, and commercial finance. You will work closely with directors across the business and be responsible for management accounting, budgeting, forecasting and statutory accounting alongside business partnering with our e-commerce and digital marketing teams.
While working closely with the finance department's management accounting, purchase, and sales sides to ensure they excel in their roles, you will also oversee the financial operations of our website, returns and customer service departments. In this role, you will use your keen eye for detail to work with senior management across the business to support decision making.
Our Support Office is based in Tolworth, near Chessington, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo. We are working a 50/50 split of office and home working, and are open to having conversations about working flexibly.
A bit about us ...
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
OB’s Finance Manager will:
- Oversee and execute the timetabling, organisation, preparation, and execution of the monthly management accounts process to meet company deadlines, covering P&L, balance sheet and cash flow, intercompany and consolidation
- Ensure all figures reported in the monthly management accounts are accurate and have been thoroughly reviewed with variances
- Carry out monthly balance sheet reconciliations for balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly reporting packs. Further improving internal and external reporting to ensure it is completed accurately and efficiently, and develop business storytelling to bring life to the numbers
- Lead year end accounting procedures, consolidation and intercompany accounting and statutory accounting of the UK and Irish companies. Review final accounts and tax computations with Finance Director before submission
- Manage the overall budgeting process and timetable, complete detailed budgets for various departments including ecommerce and bring together components of budgets and forecast from other areas of finance including retail and property. Sense check and challenge forecast assumptions and outcomes
- Lead on new finance system implementation and its continuous improvement
- Oversee all web and marketplace reporting from finance team, ensuring daily, weekly, and monthly sales reporting is completed
- Lead on finance, ecommerce and operations projects identifying areas for improvement or savings. Ensure finance is at forefront of testing and information passed through to finance systems is accurate.
- Oversee daily web sales and marketplaces reconciliations ensure issues are followed up daily
- Lead and develop the commercial forecasting for ecommerce channels, challenge key forecasting assumptions and deliver expert financial analysis of performance, forecasts, key risks, and sensitivities
- Provide business partner support to marketing and digital marketing teams
- Generous employee discount up to 50% off all OB products
- Free access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
- Flexible holiday – 33 days (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service
- Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
- Free Private Medical
- Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
- Free access to our onsite gym
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Quarterly free lunch
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
What we look for:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience in the management of senior level, non-finance stakeholders and be able to present financial data to both finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Experienced user of accounting systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised, strong analytical and numerical skills
- Self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
Oliver Bonas is a Disability Confident Committed employer under the Disability Confident employer scheme.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity