£22,000 per annum
We have an amazing opportunity for an IT Field Support Assistant to join Team OB in our Support Office. The hours for this role are Tuesday – Saturday 9am – 5.30pm.
As an IT Field Support Assistant at OB you will play an integral role in supporting a multi-channel business, dealing with queries from both retail and support office (SO).
Reporting to the I.T. Retail Projects Lead, you will work closely with them in the planning and installation of all I.T. in new stores. You will also be the main point of contact for the Area Manager and store staff during the installation phase. When no new installations are plan you will assist the IT support desk.
Our Support Office is based in Tolworth, near Chessington, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo. We are working a 50/50 split of office and home working.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
An OB IT Field Support Assistant will:
• Support the I.T. Retail Lead in Installations and New Store set up
• Assist the I.T. Retail Lead in the procurement of equipment for new installations, refits, replacements
• Being a point of contact for the ordering and swift installation of data lines in new properties liaising with I.T. Retail Lead, Blaze networks and BT Openreach.
• Assist in the Management of the data cabling for store installations.
• Install network and till equipment, under supervision by the I.T. Retail Project Lead, ensuring that all devices are up and working by the time the new store opens.
• Help to arrange RAMS for all station site work in a timely manner
• Staying aware of the latest Futura software releases and advising the OB team of enhancements to the software after each release.
• Manage any Futura upgrades, ensuring retail teams get the most out of their software, whilst ensuring disruption is kept to a minimum.
• When requested, attend new store meetings and assist the Operations Project Team with the planning and execution of all additions to the sale process e.g. Save the Sale
• Ensure continuity in the aesthetics and presentation of all store IT equipment including the dressing of cables from equipment on cash and wrap counters. Label all plugged equipment to help staff identify what is what should they need to assist in troubleshooting
• Manage all device imaging for tablets and tills with clear documented procedures
• Provide first-line IT support to multi-channels, including Retail and SO teams
• Receive and log all IT queries for the business
• Taking the out-of-hours phone (6.30pm-10pm) 1 night a week
• Prioritise all requests and incidences reported, highlighting queries that require escalation
• Setup laptops, tablets and PCs following company guidelines and instructions
• Assist the IT Support Engineers with entry-level issues such as password resets and changing printer toners
• Document and support the repairs and project activities using a helpdesk ticketing system
• Create end-user guides for the business and maintain documentation with incremental updates and process changes
• Generous employee discount up to 50% off all OB products
• Free access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
• Flexible holiday – 30 days (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service
• Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
• Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
• Free access to our onsite gym
• Quarterly free lunch
• Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
• Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
• Mental Health First Aider support
• Education and support throughout Looop eLearning platform
What we look for:
• IT literate with intermediate Microsoft skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Keen and eager to learn
• Great attention to detail with a methodical approach
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to identify problems and take own initiative in finding solutions
• Driving license desirable
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.
Oliver Bonas is a Disability Confident Committed employer under the Disability Confident employer scheme.
To read more about our ED&I commitments, head over to the EDI page on our website: https://www.oliverbonas.com/meet-the-team/diversity