We have an amazing opportunity for a Buyers Administrative Assistant to join Team OB in our Support Office.
As a Buyers Administrative Assistant at OB, you will you will play an integral role in the product development process by providing administrative support for products from conception through to product launch and will have overall responsibility for managing the department samples and range guides.
Our Support Office is based in Tolworth, near Chessington, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo. We are working a 50/50 split of office and home working.
A bit about us …
Oliver Bonas is an independent British lifestyle store. We are proud to call ourselves Team OB and believe Oliver Bonas is a truly special place to work. Our company values are Work Hard, Play Hard & Be Kind, and these values sit at the heart of every role here at OB. We are passionate and provide everyone with a fun place to work. Working at OB is more than just a job; it’s somewhere to build a career you are passionate about.
More about the role …
An OB Buyers Administrative Assistant will:
- Be responsible for all general admin tasks involving filing, photocopying, emailing and co-ordinating courier deliveries
- Monitor critical path daily, in connection with the shipping and escalate any problems and notify the buyers of any issues
- Prepare for weekly trade meetings
- Maintain samples library’s, ensuring all samples arrive within required deadlines for sign off meetings and look books
- Maintain department logs relevant for the range plan and update spreadsheet and databases daily
- Liaise with suppliers and freight forwarders to ensure all documentation is accounted for
- Raise and track orders, ensuring correct samples and information have been received from suppliers
- Maintain a comprehensive and accurate supplier database, ensuring all details are always up to date
- Manage all incoming and outgoing post for the team, ensuring parcels are removed from the warehouse area in a timely manner
- Keep buying team updated on all admin activities
- Liaise with BAAs in other departments to ensure the sharing of best practice
- Attend and contribute to jewellery buying meetings
- Work closely with the Merchandising and Design teams to ensure products are ready for ordering
- Share samples and information with the PR and Marketing, Web and Ecommerce teams
- Generous employee discount up to 50% off all OB products
- Free access to our 24 hour employee assistance programme with Care First – offering financial, emotional and vocational support
- Flexible holiday – 30 days (including bank holidays) – increasing to 35 days with length of service
- Annual discretionary profit related bonus scheme
- Free membership for our Westfield Health Cash Plan or Private Medical
- Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
- Free access to our onsite gym
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Quarterly free lunch
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Voice network and EDI team
- Mental Health First Aider support
- Education and support throughout Looop eLearning platform
- An opportunity to work at the highest placed retailer in Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in the UK list 2022.
What we look for:
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to organise, prioritise and evaluate your own workload
- Experience within the retail and buying industry would be an advantage
- Excellent computer skills with intermediate Excel, Outlook, Word and Powerpoint skills
- Proactive, flexible and have a positive attitude
- Good understanding of the brand
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion at OB
At Oliver Bonas, our promise is to do our bit to make living a joyful experience and give cause for optimism. This promise is central to our work in equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI). To bring joy to others, we must first ensure everyone at OB feels valued, included and most importantly, can be themselves at work.
It is important to us that our brand reflects wider society and the communities in which we operate. As a result, we welcome all eligible applicants for this role however we are particularly interested in speaking to eligible candidates from the Black, Asian & Mixed Heritage communities.